Thursday, September 10, 2009

BBQ Chicken Pizza



I love CPK's BBQ chicken pizza so I decided to try my hand at making my own. I thought I would even be a little bit more daring and I made my own crust from scratch! I didn't any yeast so I used water, flour and oil and it turned out a little more biscuity that I had hoped but I still loved it. I bought chicken tenderloins and cut those into bites then sauteed red onion. I used bbq sauce instead of tomato sauce topped it with the sauteed onions, chicken, chopped cilantro and a combination of mozzarella and cheddar cheese. After baking for 20 minutes I topped it off with a mixture of black beans, yellow corn, tomato and cilantro. I hope to continue trying out pizza making but maybe try different variations in the crust like a thin NY style crust or a sweet corn crust.

BBQ Chicken Pizza
1 lb chicken tenderloins
1/2 medium red onion
bbq sauce
1/2 cup chopped cilantro (for pizza layer and to top)
black beans
corn
tomato chopped

Dough:
2 cups flour
1 cup water
1/4 cup oil

I baked the dough for about 8 minutes before adding the toppings.

No comments:

Post a Comment